This is a delicious breakfast that can be prepared in advance and then eaten on the go. Make a batch so that you can store some in the fridge for use each morning.
I was inspired by this recipe so I was surprised when the bacon I used lined the whole base. I really thought it was a stroke of genius that bacon was designed to perfectly fit the tin! These were obviously meant to be!
1 tbsp Avocado oil
1 small onion chopped
3-4 medium mushrooms
6 briquettes frozen spinach (thawed and drained) (fresh wilted spinach would also be fine)
Salt and pepper to taste
8 rashers bacon
- Heat the oil in a small pan, then add the onion and mushroom and fry lightly (no need to completly cook them - just get them started and softened)
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave, squeeze out as much water as you can and then add it to the pan just to evaporate the last little bit of water, then turn off the heat.
- Carefully line a muffin tin with bacon
- Beat the eggs, (plus salt and pepper if desired) with a hand whisk until light and fluffy
- Add all the ingredients from the pan and mix with a fork, then spoon into the bacon liners.
- Bake at 175ºC for about 35 mins, or until golden.
The only downside with these is washing up the muffin tray after...